28.08.2017The Future of Transport
Committee members Uber and RACV hosted a roundtable discussion in August 2017 on the future of transport chaired by RACV’s GM of Public Policy Brian Negus, with a keynote address by Uber’s Head of Transportation Policy and Research in the US, Andrew Salzberg.
The discussion focused on how technology can address Melbourne’s transport congestion and improve mobility, the controversial topic of road pricing and examples of big data informing infrastructure planning.
In particular, the forum addressed:
- the sharing of real-time data across service providers
- increased mobility through integrated end-to-end passenger services
- innovation in providing the ‘last mile’ of the customer journey
- updates on Uber’s global focus on shared services
- the future of dynamic road pricing
- the infrastructure implications of autonomous vehicles
- integrated transport solutions for major events.