18.11.2021COVID Corner: Workplace vaccination deadlines
Our members are reporting that our road to recovery is looking more optimistic as restrictions are being lifted in response to progressive vaccination rates.
As of Saturday, 13 November, all employees and contractors working on Victorian construction sites must be fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to be eligible to continue working on site. The requirement for all workers in Victoria’s residential aged-care facilities to be fully vaccinated is also now mandatory. Exceptions apply to workers with a medical exemption.
Links and contacts
- Current restrictions in Victoria
- Vaccinations, including how to book and where to go
- Current list of exposure sites
- Find your nearest testing centre
- Information on Rapid Antigen Tests
- Get $450 if you have to isolate after a test and other support available
- Information for industry and workers required to be vaccinated
- Victoria’s travel permit system
- The Commonwealth’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) common operating picture
- How to get your COVID-19 digital certificate
- What to do if you have COVID-19
- What to do if you are a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on 1800 312 911. Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
The Committee is a proud partner of the Department of Jobs Precincts and Regions campaign focused on the delivery and continuous improvement of COVIDSafe business information and practices, including rigorous check-in procedures and vaccinations.