Unlocking high value jobs in Melbourne’s north: a plan for activating industrial land
Melbourne’s Northern corridor has a long and proud history of providing significant industrial employment, supported by proximity to key transport gateways, infrastructure assets and major employment locations.
The corridor can play a major role in supporting Victoria’s future economic prosperity and recovery from COVID-19 as part of a broader network of priority precincts and activity centres.
Join our expert panel as we review the key findings of the assessment, share knowledge and bring to the metropolitan land development debate a stronger focus on economic development at regional and State level.
- Michael Sharp| Director of Planning and Development, City of Hume
- Chris James | Executive Director, NORTH Link
- Richard Brice | Director, Real Estate Advisory Services, EY
- Lydia Wilson| Chair, Panel of Administrators, City of Whittlesea
New manufacturing and other job-creating opportunities supported by well-located, serviced and connected industrial land are so important to our Road to Recovery. The findings are not only relevant to the Northern Corridor but provide valuable insights for Greater Melbourne and our strategic planning.
From the panel:
- EY presentation
- Information on Northern Horizon will be live on Monday (26/10)
- City Deal documents
- Transporting Melbourne Report
- Committee for Melbourne Road to Recovery COVID-19 update
Watch the event here