Meet the Shadow Ministers, Mr David Southwick MP and The Hon. David Davis MP
Mr David Southwick is Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party and sits in the Victorian Legislative Assembly, while The Hon. David Davis is the Leader of the Opposition in the Victorian Legislative Council and Shadow Treasurer.
As proud members of the Liberal Party and with various shadow portfolios, both members were delighted to share their views on a raft of issues, including policies to:
- help Melbourne and Victoria recover and rebuild
- pay down Victoria’s debt and improve the tax system
- improve Melbourne’s transport connectivity and liveability
- develop Melbourne’s innovation precincts
- assist local organisations in commercialising new product innovations
- restore vibrancy to Melbourne’s arts and culture scene
The Shadow Ministers’ address also reflected on the release of the Committee’s 2022 Benchmarking Melbourne Report, which assessed Melbourne’s overall performance against 19 peer cities. Both Shadow Ministers addressed various issues raised in the report.
This was an intimate and interactive forum, where attendees had the opportunity to converse openly with our guest presenters.
This is an exclusive invitation held under the Chatham House Rule.
For event enquiries please contact our team at email@example.com.
Committee for Melbourne and Transurban