Expectations vs Reality: the return to the CBD
Committee for Melbourne with Business Council of Australia and Newgate Australia discussed how to build community confidence on the road to recovery for Victorians and Melburnians into the new ‘COVID normal’.
Sue Vercoe, Managing Director of Newgate Research, presented their fresh COVID research findings; the 39th week of this respected tracker of Australians’ experience and expectation through the pandemic with a special Victorian-focused edition. We also heard from Dr Joseph Lawrence, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Enterprise), Enterprise, Research & Innovation from Federation University Australia who introduced a Contact Tracing Support Platform for Victoria and Australia, collaboratively produced by a coalition of Victorian Government trusted partners.
Our expert panel provided insights on the economic return to normal, and explored Melburnians’ attitudes towards returning to work, the CBD, large spaces with many people and events, and transport safety and protocols. Learning from other states and real collaboration will help Melburnians prepare for a successful move out of lockdown.
- Jennifer Westacott AO | Chief Executive, Business Council of Australia
- Sue Vercoe | Managing Director, Newgate Research
- Catherine Rooney | Executive Director, Strategy, Innovation & Data Insights, Department of Transport
- Victoria Tavendale | General Manager, Real Estate Operations, Mirvac
- Dr Joseph Lawrence | Pro Vice-Chancellor (Enterprise), Enterprise, Research & Innovation, Federation University Australia
- Moderated by Martine Letts, CEO, Committee for Melbourne
From the panel:
- Download Newgate Expectations vs Reality report
- For more information and/or express interest in the design of a pilot trial for the ‘Rapid Assist Contact Tracing Platform for Australia’ please contact Dr Joseph Lawrence on email@example.com or 0400443928.
Watch the event here