Blue skies ahead? The future of Victoria’s Aviation industry
The Committee for Melbourne is delighted to invite you to a forum on The future of Victoria’s Aviation industry.
In December, Melbourne Airport welcomed over 746,000 passengers – the highest count since the COVID-19 outbreak however, domestic numbers were still down by more than 66 percent in December 2019 and the international borders are still all but closed.
What is the future of the global aviation industry and what does it mean for our airports, communities and economies so reliant on aviation for passenger movement and freight?
Are we ready for the new paradigm?
Join us for a fascinating assessment presented by Melbourne Airport CEO Lyell Strambi and a panel of experts including:
- Dorian Reece, Director | Government and Infrastructure Deloitte Professional Services (Dubai UAE)
- Sarah Built, General Manager, Australia and New Zealand, Commercial Division Etihad Airways
- Unni Menon, Executive Director Aviation Strategy and Services Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
as we explore:
- Returning to capacity and forecast demand that will help restart as the economy as we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis
- The future of air freight exports and imports for Victoria and our two airports
- The need for continued investment in our airports and connectivity as competition increases within Australia and the region
- The importance of our Airports to Melbourne’s brand and innovative ecosystem
- The significance of the Melbourne Airport rail link.
After the panel session, the open mic discussion will provide members and guests with the opportunity for an interactive Q&A with the panel and to share their insights on our collective Road to Recovery.
This forum will run from 3.00pm to 4.00pm with an optional 20-minute e-networking session afterwards.
For general enquiries please contact the events team at email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you.
Committee for Melbourne
NOTE: Please be advised that this event may be recorded or photographs taken which may be used after the event on the Committee for Melbourne website or on other marketing materials. Please notify us if you do not consent to us recording or photographing you and using your image and likeness as mentioned.