Wednesday 22 May 18:00- 20:00
Festival event info and ticketing: mkw.melbourne.vic.gov.au
Diversity in the innovation ecosystem
We know diversity is a key driver for innovation - so how can you foster it in your workplace?
This hands-on, collaborative workshop with a range of innovation industry leaders will teach you practical skills about how to increase diversity and inclusion at work. Explore the social and economic value of workplace diversity, generate strategies to foster creativity and establish connections with others in the creative and technology industries. You’ll leave this workshop with renewed passion to create equitable spaces at work and with practical tools to better engage with the people and communities you work with.
Paper Giant are hosting this workshop in partnership with Committee for Melbourne and the following industry leaders;
- Lesley Gillian, Head of Human Resources, ACMI
- Calvin Cordle, Customer Executive, NAB
- Lynn Nguyen, Customer Strategy Manager, Scope Australia
- Mario Visic, Developer mentor, Envato.
17-18th July 2019
ZINC, Federation Square
The Melbourne Planning Summit will bring together over 200 industry and government leaders to discuss critical and timely insights into the current issues facing planning in the Greater Melbourne region, and the future of planning, transport, smart cities and urban development over the next 30 years.
The Summit will also provide insights into planning and infrastructure development for major cities and regions across Australia.
Best practice case studies will be presented, show-casing innovative and successful planning solutions for a vibrant and liveable urban future.
Key topics include:
- Plan Melbourne 2017-2050
- Melbourne’s Activity Centre
- New Cities Partnership Program
- Infrastructure Victoria’s 30 Year Infrastructure Strategy
- Smart Melbourne – the impact of technology disruption on Melbourne’s planning and infrastructure development
- Melbourne’s transport ecosystem and the future of mobility
- Population planning - demographics and growth patterns of Melbourne
- Aligning population growth, housing and infrastructure
- National Employment and Innovation Clusters
- The role of planning in achieving better environmental outcomes and water sensitive urban design.
- Factoring climate change into planning and infrastructure decisions.
The Summit will be featuring the following speakers to name a few:
- Stuart Moseley, CEO, Victorian Planning Authority
- Michel Masson, CEO, Infrastructure Victoria
- Kathy Mitchell, Chief Panel Member, Planning Panels Victoria
- Martine Letts, CEO, Committee for Melbourne
- Danni Hunter, CEO, UDIA (Victoria)
- Laura Murray, Victorian President, Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Chris Johnson, CEO, Urban Taskforce Australia
- Paul Kelly, Chief Data Scientist, The Demographics Group
- Bronwen Clark, CEO, National Growth Areas Alliance
- Adam Beck, CEO, Smart Cities Australia and New Zealand
- Professor Tony Wong, CEO, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities
- Professor Billie Giles-Corti, Director, NHMRC Centre of Excellence in Healthy Liveable Communities
Ultra Early Bird registrations are now available for $995, and there is a 15% discount for groups of 3 or more delegates.
For further information and to register, please go to www.melbourneplanning2019.com.au
20-21 June 2019
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
Exploring the best of current and emerging practices and thinking as well as the future prospects of volunteering through the lens of Energise, Enhance, Connect.
Volunteering Victoria Blog Post
State Conference 2019
We are please to introduce the following pallelists:
Scott Chapman, CEO, Royal Flying Doctors Service Victoria
Scott has held chief executive, senior leadership and board positions in the private, public and not for profit sectors over many years during his exciting professional and voluntary career.
Previous to his current position Scott was the Director, Commerce and Marketing at the City of Melbourne where he oversaw the marketing, communications and media, tourism, major events, business, trade and investment and international portfolios for ten years. This included the attraction and management of major events to Melbourne. Scott was a member of the Boards of the World Masters Games, Volvo Ocean Race and was the City Director responsible for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Scott has been with the Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria since 2010 and holds the position of Chief Executive. He is a Fellow of Leadership Victoria and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He recently was Chairman of Destination Melbourne, the People and Parks Foundation, the Outdoor Education Group and Outdoors Victoria. Scott currently holds the position of Chairman for Doutta Galla Aged Services, is Deputy Chairman of the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria and heads the Committee for Melbourne Not for Profit Taskforce. He also sits on the Melbourne Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board.
17 - 18 September | Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Over the next 10 years, Australia plans to spend $73 billion on transport infrastructure. The National Roads and Traffic Expo brings together companies that provide solutions and services to the road planning, building and operating ecosystem.
Our CEO, Martine Letts will give a keynote presentation on the topic “Future Trends and Innovative thinking in the City of Melbourne”. For more information on other keynote speakers, click here.